5 or 6 jumbo shrimp (size: 6-8 shrimp per pound)
Deepfried Battered Jumbo Shrimp
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper
1 cup ice water
oil for deepfrying
1. Thaw, clean, peel, and butterfly the shrimp.
2. Heat oil to 375°F.
3. Dry shrimp with paper towels.
4. Coat shrimp with a light coating of corn starch (helps the batter adhere).
5. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt & pepper. Add ice water and egg, and stir just until smooth.
6. Dip each shrimp in the batter, and drop into the deepfryer.
7. Fry until light golden brown.
8. Drain shrimp on a wire rack, and serve.
Pictured with Battered French Fries and cocktail sauce.