1 16oz package Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix
1-1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion
1/2 small head of cabbage
1 small potato
salt & pepper
1 beaten egg
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour packet and dry yeast packet from the roll mix box.
2. Stir in the water and vegetable oil, until dough forms a ball.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, then cover with the inverted mixing bowl.
4. Brown ground beef in a skillet, breaking into small pieces. Drain excess fat.
5. Add finely diced potato, finely diced onion, and finely shredded cabbage to the pan.
6. Sprinkle a bit of salt over the cabbage, add a bit of water, cover and steam until cabbage is cooked down.
7. Uncover the pan and stir, simmering off any remaining water, and checking to make sure the potatoes are cooked.
8. Season again with salt & pepper to taste.
9. Uncover the dough, punch it down, and divide it into 8 equal portions.
10. Roll each piece of dough into a flat circle about 6 or 7 inches in diameter.
11. Place 1/8 of the filling in the center of each dough circle.
12. Carefully fold dough over, and press the edges to seal them.
13. Gently fold the edges under, forming the tops into smooth egg shapes.
14. Place krautburgers on a greased baking sheet, and brush lightly with beaten egg.
15. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.