(Recipe by Jim Starks)
Green Chili Sauce
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
5 Tbsp flour
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
1 27oz can chopped green chilies
1 4oz can sliced jalapenos
2 14oz cans low sodium chicken broth
1 cup Water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1. In a large pot, brown ground pork thoroughly. Drain fat.
2. Add onion and a dash of salt, and cook until soft and clear.
3. Add garlic, and cook a couple more minutes.
4. sprinkle flour over pork mixture, cook & stir 2 more minutes.
5. Add diced tomatoes, green chilies, and jalapenos. Cook & stir for 5 minutes, over medium heat.
6. Stir in chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
7. Cover tightly, reduce heat, and simmer for 2-3 hours.
8. Add water.
9. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
Good for smothering burritos, chimichangas, etc.
Pictured here on a quesadilla with melted cheese.