boneless skinless chicken breasts
Fried Chicken Strips
oil for frying
1. Trim chicken breasts and cut into strips.
2. In a bowl, beat egg with a bit of milk, salt, and pepper.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a small amount of baking powder.
4. With fingers, add just enough milk to the flour mixture to form some of it into lumpy crumbs. Some of the flour should still be dry.
5. Dip the chicken strips into the egg mixture.
6. One or two at a time, drop the moistened chicken strips into the flour mixture, pressing the flour crumbs thoroughly around the strips.
7. Set the coated chicken strips onto a lightly floured plate, and let sit for a few minutes.
8. Drop the chicken strips into a deepfryer with 350°F oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain & serve.