1 16oz package Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix
Italian Sausage Calzones
1-1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
2 cups grated mozzarella
1 beaten egg
sauce for dipping
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour packet and dry yeast packet from the roll mix box.
2. Stir in the water and vegetable oil, until dough forms a ball.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, then cover with the inverted mixing bowl.
4. Brown Italian sausage in a skillet, breaking into small pieces. Drain.
5. Uncover the dough, punch it down, and divide it into 8 equal portions.
6. Roll each piece of dough into a flat circle about 6 or 7 inches in diameter.
7. Place 1/8 of the ground sausage and 1/8 of the mozzarella in the center of each dough circle.
8. Carefully fold dough over, and press the edges to seal them.
9. Gently fold the edges under each calzone, forming the tops into smooth egg shapes.
10. Place calzones on a greased baking sheet, and brush lightly with beaten egg.
11. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
12. Serve with smooth spaghetti sauce for dipping.
COMMENTS FROM DINERS:
Thank you for the delicious calzones you made for & brought to us! We ate them for several days. They were honestly one of the best
meals we've gotten from anyone lately!