1 bunch broccoli
Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 cup grated cheddar
2 small cans chicken broth
salt & pepper
1. Cook broccoli until tender. Drain & chop. Puree the stems.
2. Cook onions in butter until transparent.
3. Stir in flour & cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in grated cheddar until smooth.
6. Slowly blend broth into sauce.
7. Add Velveeta and stir until melted.
8. Add broccoli to soup.
9. Simmer 15 minutes.
10. Salt & pepper to taste.